BRIGHTSPACE provides a limited publicity service for your exhibition, as part of the hiring fee. All other marketing and publicity is the responsibility of the hirer.
BRIGHTSPACE will provide the following publicity assistance for your exhibition:
- We will create a Media Release on your behalf
- Media release distribution to Free listings to the local media including The Age, The Herald Sun, MX, Canvas, Melbourne Times, Inpress, Beat, RRR Arts Diary. Note that free listings cannot be guaranteed as the content is under editorial control. Follow up on behalf of the artist/company is very much encouraged.
- Media release distribution to BRIGHTSPACE media contacts via email. Follow up calls to media are the hirer’s responsibility.
- Paid listings in Art Almanac
- Display space for flyers/posters at BRIGHTSPACE.
- Local café distribution of invitations
- Free online listings – we list events on a number of local events websites including City of Port Phillip, Only Melbourne and eventful.com
- Paid online listings – Arts What’s On
- BRIGHTSPACE maintains a Facebook page. We will list your exhibition and will link to relevant online content wherever possible.
What you need to supply and follow up on:
Minimum 6 weeks prior to opening you will need to send us 6 x 300dpi images as jpegs to Kylie Greer at email@example.com We will then be able to send out the media release no less than one month before opening night. It is then the hirer’s responsibility to make any follow up phone calls to the media with the contacts supplied by BRIGHTSPACE. The information in the media release will also be used for the free listings, the BRIGHTSPACE website and Facebook page.